- Quagga Mussels Invade Idahoby Rachel Cohen on September 28, 2023 at 4:34 pm
Tiny, highly invasive mussels have been found in the Snake River in Idaho, prompting an urgent response from officials. The mussels can devastate ecosystems, hydroelectric dams and more.
- NASA, ADC USA Validate New Form of Renewable-Friendly Energy Transmissionby Sydney Leimbach on September 28, 2023 at 3:09 pm
ADC is considered the optimal transitional operating system for renewable energy platforms and it has the potential to play a major role in lowering energy consumption while still using existing energy infrastructure.
- Milestone Carbon Unveils Development of Carbon Sequestration Hubby Amy Baxter on September 28, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Overall, Milestone Carbon predicts the Midland Basin hub could store approximately 30 million metric tons of carbon dioxide over its life.
- UK and Germany Agree to Hydrogen Planby Amy Baxter on September 28, 2023 at 1:35 pm
The partnership comes as both countries have made significant investments in hydrogen, including millions in capital from climate-related funds.
- EPA Dedicates $4.6 Billion to Climate Pollution Reduction Grantsby Sydney Leimbach on September 28, 2023 at 1:06 pm
The grant initiative will contribute toward Biden’s goal of reducing climate pollution by 50% to 52% by 2030 and will work to forward environmental justice through community efforts.
- Iron and Steel Plant Upgrades Could Cut Two Years of Emissionsby Amy Baxter on September 28, 2023 at 12:06 pm
Upgrading, or retrofitting, global iron and steel processing plants could cut roughly 70 gigatonnes of emissions by 2050.
- AT&T Software Creates Climate Risk Plan for Idahoby Sydney Leimbach on September 28, 2023 at 11:05 am
A case study provided the Idaho Office of Emergency Management with projections for precipitation, wildfires, and temperature in the state for the coming decades until the end of the century.
- Crowley, BWXT Introduce Zero-Emissions, Nuclear-Powered Shippingby Sydney Leimbach on September 28, 2023 at 10:15 am
The ship design includes an on-board nuclear microreactor that can generate between 5 MW and 50 MW of clean energy.
- US Climate Alliance Targets Heat Pumps to Decarbonize Buildingsby Amy Baxter on September 28, 2023 at 9:15 am
In addition to the building decarbonization targets, members of the coalition also agreed to several provisions, including supporting proactive planning for an “equitable and predictable transition to a zero-emission buildings future.”
- Despite Being a Significant Oil Producer, California Is Suing Major Drillersby Ken Silverstein on September 28, 2023 at 8:35 am
The state says the producers knew that oil burning led to global warming and caused droughts, floods, and extreme weather patterns.
- Why your company should retire its 'carbon neutral' food claimson September 28, 2023 at 4:30 am
Rather than serving as a tool for better consumer purchases, such claims are an excuse for inaction.
- Public Storage is backing 130 community solar projects. Here’s whyon September 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
The portfolio will bring renewable electricity to low- and moderate-income communities in Illinois, Maryland and New Jersey.