- Embedding Sustainability Across the Organization Using Dataon October 13, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Organizations are committed to turning sustainability targets into measurable outcomes, to moving from ambition to action. Envizi, an IBM company recently commissioned a research study to take a pulse on how organizations are embedding sustainability at the operational level, and the results highlight the many hurdles organizations face.
- A tiny fish that once caused an epic conservation fight is no longer under threatby The Associated Press on October 4, 2022 at 9:54 pm
The snail darter, a tiny Southeastern fish that derailed a federal dam during an epic battle over Endangered Species Act protection in the '70s, is no longer considered imperiled, officials announced.
- Nebraska’s First Commercial Carbon Capture Project Launchesby Emily Holbrook on October 4, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Carbon America, a carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) developer, announced today an agreement with Bridgeport Ethanol to develop a carbon capture and storage project in Nebraska. The post Nebraska’s First Commercial Carbon Capture Project Launches appeared first on Environment + Energy Leader.
- Two groups want to put focus on carbon credits from urban forestsby Bellamy Pailthorp on October 4, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Carbon credits for urban forests by a Seattle nonprofit recently got some of the highest prices ever. The buyer hopes it's the start of a new marketplace that will fetch more from smaller projects.
- U.S. DOE announces Marine Energy Systems Innovation at Sea funding opportunityby Elizabeth Ingram on October 4, 2022 at 3:29 pm
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Water Power Technologies Office (WPTO) has released a $10.3 million funding opportunity to accelerate the development and testing of renewable marine energy technologies, with a focus on wave and ocean current resources. This funding opportunity invests in wave-powered technology innovation and research and […]
- Global Green Packaging Market to Reach $409B by 2030by Staff Writer on October 4, 2022 at 3:16 pm
The global green packaging market size had a revenue holding of $229.46 billion in 2021. It is expected to reach $409.2 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2022–2030. The post Global Green Packaging Market to Reach $409B by 2030 appeared first on Environment + Energy Leader.
- Wärtsilä Upgrades Power Plant Supplying Energy to Nevada Mineby Lizzie Nastu on October 4, 2022 at 3:10 pm
The technology group Wärtsilä will upgrade the performance of a captive power plant supplying electricity to a Nevada Gold Mines mining operation. The post Wärtsilä Upgrades Power Plant Supplying Energy to Nevada Mine appeared first on Environment + Energy Leader.
- GE Renewable wins contract to maintain Belo Monte hydropower plantsby Elizabeth Ingram on October 4, 2022 at 2:28 pm
GE Renewable Energy’s hydropower business has signed a five-year contract with Norte Energia covering the full scope of routine, planned and corrective maintenance at the 11.233 GW Belo Monte hydropower plant and its complementary 233 MW Pimental powerhouse. Belo Monte, on the Xingu River in Para State, began dispatching electricity to […]
- Artificial Intelligence Supply Chain Management Drives Sphera Acquisitionby David Worford on October 4, 2022 at 1:32 pm
The deal for Riskmethods will enhance the company's ESG risk management offerings, including tracking Scope 3 emissions. The post Artificial Intelligence Supply Chain Management Drives Sphera Acquisition appeared first on Environment + Energy Leader.
- In Alaska's Fat Bear Week election, there's no party like a salmon partyby Bill Chappell on October 4, 2022 at 11:26 am
If hypocrisy in politics turns you off, the election you need is in Alaska, where the candidates are voraciously out for themselves. You can vote beginning Wednesday.
- New California Laws Ban Sale of Textiles, Cosmetics Containing PFASby David Worford on October 4, 2022 at 11:05 am
The legislation outlaws offering products with the chemicals by 2025. The post New California Laws Ban Sale of Textiles, Cosmetics Containing PFAS appeared first on Environment + Energy Leader.
- FirstLight Power and Energy New England expand hydroelectric PPAby Elizabeth Ingram on October 4, 2022 at 10:06 am
FirstLight Power announced the expansion of its municipal electric department power purchase agreement with Energy New England (ENE) for hydroelectric power from two Connecticut facilities. Thirteen Massachusetts-based municipal public power entities will purchase over 110 GWh per year of hydroelectric power produced by two of FirstLight’s […]